Dail is the crown prince of Shuigang and the older half-brother of Spade. After witnessing the beheading of his father, he was then was brainwashed and enslaved by Lord Brevon, who convinces him to steal the Kingdom Stone, which could've escalated in a civil war between the three kingdoms of Avalice. However, this was averted when Lilac and her friends Carol, Milla & Torque successfully united the Kingdoms of Shang Tu and Shang Mu against Brevon. Afterwards, Dail fully inherits his father's throne after Spade frees him from Brevon's brainwashing.
Dail is seen riding atop multiple robots bursting with destructive potential (namely, Kujacker and Shade Beast), whose crosshairs are pointed at the Player, but he never fights in person. In cutscenes seen outside of the battlefield, he can be seen with red eyes (due to being brainwashed), black hair and a green outfit with a yellow scarf strapped around his waist. He is also seen using the Flash Jump, a technique that Spade also uses.
Like his brother, Dail is able to fight with cards and use the Flash Jump. He is also able to pilot certain vehicles. In Freedom Planet 2, Dail is able to easily operate machines and is proficient with a sword.
- Dail's attacks seem to correspond with his outfit (Yellow and green, as mentioned above).
- Dail is one of the two bosses in the game with the ability to spawn Elemental shields, the other being Neera. Unlike Neera, he only uses the Metal shield.
- The last names of both Dail and Spade are still unknown, although they are likely to be something denoting the name of the kingdom, since they are royalty.
- While unconfirmed, it seems that the Flash Jump is either a Shuigang royal family genetic ability or a shared invention between Dail and Spade.
- Dail's boss theme is one of the most popular tracks from the original soundtrack among fans.
- Dail's Boss theme is significantly different in the Beta build. This is likely because the original track was actually used as a placeholder until an official boss theme for Dail was invented for the final release.
|Playable||Lilac • Carol • Milla • Torque • Spade • Neera|
|Allies||Askal • Dail • Gong • Magister • Pangu • Zao|
|Enemies||Aaa • Brevon • Corazon • Kalaw • Merga • Serpentine • Syntax|
|NPC||Bird Guard • Igor • Maria • Mr. Stumpy • Sleeping Guard • Soldiers|
|Deceased||Cordelia • Dragon Scientist • Rogue Warrior • King of Shuigang|